This week, Public Eye exclusively revealed:
* Joey Restaurants managers took part in a unique employee reward program last week - sell at least 25 provincial Liberal memberships in support of Kevin Falcon's leadership bid and win an iPad. But the restaurant chain's president and chief executive officer Jeff Fuller has now scrapped that offer amid growing controversy surrounding the party's membership signup process;
* the provincial New Democrats new interim leader Dawn Black never publicly announced that she thought dissident MLA Jenny Kwan should resign. But she certainly seemed to "like" that idea on Facebook;
* days after an election that saw environmentalists, in effect, help the Liberals win a third term in government, a senior member of that movement made a policy pitch to the premier's chief of staff;
* the world's second largest company has registered to the lobby the government on a cornucopia of subjects;
* British Columbia Ferry Services Inc. is receiving more handouts from Canadian taxpayers as it proposes a massive increase to the fees citizens will have to pay to board its ships; and
* in March, American lawmakers boldly passed legislation requiring restaurant chains with 20 or more outlets to put calorie counts on their menus. But when asked by the British Columbia Restaurant and Food Services Association about their position on "labelling/product content," Liberal leadership candidates weren't nearly as courageous.
So, if you aren't already a supporter, please consider making a confidential $10 monthly contribution by clicking on the bar below. You'll be helping sustain our investigative work, digging up the news that matters to you. And, as a token of our appreciation, you'll receive a subscription to our monthly email newsletter - the Brown Envelope - where we'll give you the story behind the stories we've been working on. (Please note, federal tax laws require us to include the harmonized es tax as part of your contribution. You can stop supporting Public Eye at any time by following this link.)