This week, Public Eye exclusively revealed:
* Cariboo North MLA Bob Simpson's provincial New Democrat constituency association executive wants to force a leadership race at the party's upcoming 2011 biennial convention;
* another senior energy, mines and petroleum resources ministry official who went directly from being on the province's payroll to working for a major petroleum interest.
* BC Hydro Corp. wants to directly award a contract that could be worth almost $300,000 to Accenture Inc., a controversial international consulting firm known for outsourcing public services;
* British Columbia Lottery Corp.'s whistleblower policy is itself a "strictly confidential" document that's labelled for "internal BCLC discussion only;" and
* former provincial New Democrat cabinet minister Helmut Giesbrecht's opposition to party leader Carole James's decision to expel Mr. Simpson.
Public Eye also broke the news Mr. Simpson had penned an op-ed criticizing his own leader's speech to the Union of British Columbia Municipalities annual general meeting.
So, if you aren't already a supporter, please consider making a confidential $10 monthly contribution by clicking on the bar below. You'll be helping sustain our investigative work, digging up the news that matters to you. And, as a token of our appreciation, you'll receive a subscription to our monthly email newsletter - the Brown Envelope - where we'll give you the story behind the stories we've been working on. (Please note, federal tax laws require us to include the goods and services tax as part of your contribution. You can stop supporting Public Eye at any time by following this link.)