The provincial Liberals have found a candidate to run against New Democrat legislator Rob Fleming in Victoria-Swan Lake. Our understanding is former Vancouver-Fairview constituency association president Jesse McClinton will be taking up the party's standard in that riding. According to his Linked profile, Mr. McClinton, a former Young Liberal executive, presently run his own marketing company. The following is a complete copy of that profile.
* Marketing Consultant at Alter-Ego Marketing Group
* Director of Sales (V.P.) at Avalon Aircraft Corp
* Riding President at Vancouver-Fairview, BC Liberal Riding Association
* Advertising Sales Consultant at Yellow Pages
* Area Governor at Toastmasters
* Sales Representative at T&T Windows
* Junior Marking Consultant at Atomica Creative Group Ltd.
* Treasurer at BC Young Liberals
* Marketing Logistics Coordinator at BC American Marketing Association
* Phone Bank Manager at Team Burnaby
* Election Campaign Co-Chair at BC Liberals
* Team Leader at QLN
* University of Wales, Bangor
* University of Victoria
* Malaspina University-College
Jesse McClinton's Summary
I am a result-oriented Masters Graduate and a highly driven sales and marketing professional that is seeking to further my development and continue my growth. I have practical work experience that enhances my theoretical training. I am looking for a creative environment to foster my entrepreneurial spirit and put my leadership skills to use.
Knowledge, education, and understanding are values that I hold in high regard. They were decisive motivators in my decision to attain a Masters of Science (MSc.) in Experimental Consumer Psychology. The consumer Psychology program that I completed, at the University of Wales is widely regarded as one of the most prestigious consumer psychology programs in the world; however, I value the cultural and real life education that I gained from living in another country equally to the formal education I received. Before leaving for the United Kingdom I completed a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Psychology from the University of Victoria.
After completing my formal education several years ago, I have focused on gathering work experience. I attribute a lot of my current and past sale success to the experience I got at the Yellow Pages Group (YPG). At YPG I was able to apply my theoretical training and bridge the gap between application and academia. I learned how to excite business about their advertising and marketing programs and I did this all while managing multiple portfolios. My time at Avalon Aircraft Corp (AAC) posed a whole new set of challenges. At AAC I worked with a team of business developers to take (AAC) public on the Venture Stock Exchange, which took persistence, commitment, and resourcefulness. These are skills that I will continue to use.
I think that my work experience coupled with my academic preparation gives me a unique and valuable perspective. However, only you can be the judge of that. If I may be of assistance to you or your company, please contact me. I look forward to hearing from you!
Jesse McClinton's Specialties:
Content Creation - Website Development and Management - CRM - Negotiations - Sales - Team Management - Team Leading - Mediating - Business Development - Competitive Analysis - Strategic Planning - Integrated Marketing - Social Media - Viral Marketing - Event Marketing - Empirical Research - Data Gathering - Interpersonal Communication - Meeting Deadlines and Targets
Jesse McClinton's Experience
Alter-Ego Marketing Group
(Marketing and Advertising industry)
October 2006 - Present (2 years 6 months)
Alter Ego Marketing Group (AEMG) is a Sole Proprietorship, which consults with small to medium sized businesses. My goals as a consultant are strait forward, but not simple. I determine how and why customers make the decisions that they do before they buy a product or service. The research that is conducted by AEMG provides insights into sales, advertising, and marketing. The analysis of the research is the basis for all strategic recommendations.
Director of Sales (V.P.)
Avalon Aircraft Corp
July 2007 - November 2008 (1 year 5 months)
Avalon Aircraft Corp (AAC) is a Capital Pool Company that specializes in the leasing of small commercial utility aircraft. Initially I was hired to lead AAC's business-to-business sales, but ultimately I ended up with many of the responsibilities traditionally assigned to a Marketing Manager.
While at AAC I helped raise approximately one million dollars for AAC's Initial Public Offering; I attended many trade shows and exhibitions; I created an internship program with the assistance of the British Columbia Institute of Technology; and I played a key role in the negotiations for some of AAC's most important strategic partnerships. Other duties included:
* Developing and implementing of a comprehensive strategic marketing plan
* Website Development and management
* Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
* Reporting directly to the board of directors
* Directly managing and supervising interns and some staff
Vancouver-Fairview, BC Liberal Riding Association
(Non-Profit; 201-500 employees; Political Organization industry)
September 2007 - October 2008 (1 year 2 months)
After serving in other various rolls on the Vancouver - Fairview Riding Executive, I was elected the riding president by my peers at the Annual General Meeting. The Riding President's duties include:
* Chairing monthly Executive Board Meetings
* Attending Provincial Council Meetings
* Reporting to the Executive on decisions made by the provincial council
* Where appropriate, guiding the Executive in new activities and services that will further the mission and goals of the Riding Association
* Guiding, mediating, probing, and stimulating discussion
* Keeping discussions on track
* Announcing the results of actions taken and explaining the follow-up to be taken and by whom
* Closing the meeting by noting achievements
* Providing a written report of Executive Minutes
* Noting all decisions reached, including motions passed and follow-up actions to be taken, with deadlines for implementation
Advertising Sales Consultant
(Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; YLO.UN; Publishing industry)
October 2006 - October 2007 (1 year 1 month)
As a Business Solutions Consultant my primary responsibility was to present advertising solutions to business owners and improve the impact and visibility of my assigned customers. Other duties at the Yellow Pages Group (YPG) included:
* Achieving revenue, new business, and product targets as assigned
* Discussing advertising needs with customers
* Understanding and promoting YPG products relevant to each customer
* Designing proposals for customers based on needs assessments
* Ensuring effective canvass control of accounts per period
* Ensuring all documentation and reports are complete and accurate
* Ensuring all revenue servicing and canvass deadlines are met
* Maintaining positive and effective customer relationships
* Representing YPG professionally and enthusiastically
* Ensuring customer satisfaction
(Non-Profit; 10,001 or more employees; Non-Profit Organization Management industry)
June 2005 - June 2007 (2 years 1 month)
This role asked that I provide district contact, support, and assistance to the clubs in my area by reporting regularly to the Division Governor on Area progress, serving as chairman of the Area Council, and participating in Area Governor Training provided by the District. Goals of this role include:
-Focus on membership growth and educational achievements in Clubs so the Area can achieve a minimum recognition of Distinguished Area
-Motivate and assist each Club in the Area to become a Distinguished Club
-Make a presentation during the Club visit
-Prepare successor to assume office
December 2005 - January 2007 (1 year 2 months)
This was my first full time position after university and this is when I learned how to prospect for new clients, cold call potential clients, give presentations (architects, builders and owners), and coordinate localized marketing strategies.
Junior Marking Consultant
Atomica Creative Group Ltd.
(Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Marketing and Advertising industry)
April 2005 - December 2006 (1 year 9 months)
This was a part time position where I gain experience in Business-to-Business marketing, the implementation of advertising campaigns and event marketing campaigns.
BC Young Liberals
December 2002 - December 2005 (3 years 1 month)
Marketing Logistics Coordinator
BC American Marketing Association
(Marketing and Advertising industry)
December 2004 - November 2005 (1 year)
Phone Bank Manager
(Staffing and Recruiting industry)
September 2005 - November 2005 (3 months)
Election Campaign Co-Chair
(Political Organization industry)
October 2004 - May 2005 (8 months)
(Education Management industry)
June 1999 - August 2004 (5 years 3 months)
This position was a repeat summer contract position that paid for my university tuition while imposing on me many life skills and tools that I still use frequently. In this role I presented leadership and communication skills to college students using Quantum - Learning Techniques. Other requirements of this position included:
* Facilitating group team building exercises to foster a winning attitude
* Presenting Quantum Learning content in front of large groups (150 people)
* Facilitating and debriefing large and small group discussions
Each summer I worked a different university campus, which included: Notre Dame University, Stanford University, Wake Forest University, and Claremont College.
Jesse McClinton's Education
University of Wales, Bangor
MSc, Eperimental Research, Consumer Psycology, 2003 - 2004
The MSc in Psychological Research is exceptional for its dual emphasis on basic psychological science and applied issues. The course is designed to provide students witha wide range of practical research skills, knowledge of advanced studies in modern psychology, and an opportunity to learn how this knowledge is applied in industrial and business settings. The course has been recognized by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) as providing the transferable skills essential to social science research.
University of Victoria
B.A., Psychology, 2000 - 2003
Activities and Societies:
Track and Feild
Diploma, Business, 1999 - 2000