Last April, the provincial government introduced legislation making the Knowledge Network a Crown corporation with a mandate to broadcast programming "designed to help British Columbians live their lives, build their careers, and take part in their communities." This, after the Campbell administration made an unsuccessful bid to privatize the channel. And now the network is looking to rebrand itself. According to documents posted yesterday on BC Bid, the broadcaster will be hiring a consultant to "reposition the Network to launch in Fall 2008" with a possible new name, logo, on-air slogan and look. The following is a complete copy of the relevant portion of that document.
8.0 REQUIREMENTS, PROJECT SCOPE AND TIMELINE
Knowledge Network is looking to re-brand itself for Fall of 2008. In order to meet this deadline a Request for Proposal is being tendered on January 21, 2008.
The Request for Proposal is a multi-stage process as follows:
Request for Proposal: January 21 - February 1, 2008
* Agencies are requested to submit their Curriculum Vitae, and provide samples of previous work by the closing of the RFP, Friday February 1, 2008, 2:00 p.m. Pacific time.
* Initial enquiries to the RFP will be accepted until January 25 and responses will be sent by January 29.
February 4 - 8:
* KNC will evaluate submissions and create a short-list of firms who will be contacted by February 11.
* Short-listed agencies will be asked to participate in the next stage, a Credentials Review.
Credentials Review Preparation: February 11 - 22
* Agencies will be provided access to KNC's Creative Director and team.
* Additional briefing material will be provided, including a complete list of deliverables.
Credential Review Presentations: February 25 - 29
* Presentation to include:
* Agency history, client list and philosophy.
* A minimum of two case studies showing relevant experience.
* Initial observations about Knowledge Network and where you feel it needs to go.
* A preliminary plan and budget.
* Hardcopies of the presentation for the KNC Advisory Team.
On completion of the Credential Review KNC will evaluate the presentations and award the contract by March 17. The successful proponent will reposition the Network to launch in Fall 2008 with the following elements:
* A possible new name or variation on our existing name.
* A new logo or word mark.
* An on-air slogan.
* A complete re-design of KNC's visual look for broadcast, online and print.
* A series of station IDs with a memorable musical presence.
* Other deliverables as required.